What is exfoliating and why is it so important?
Exfoliating gives you a natural glow by removing dead skin cells on the skin's outermost surface. It helps to unclog pores and helps stimulate blood circulation which is so important for your skin health especially when your trying to achieve the natural skin glow. Basically it breathes new life to your skin!
How to mechanically exfoliate
- Be gentle and make small circular motions using your fingers or an exfoliating tool to apply your favorite scrub.
- When using a brush; make light/short strokes
- Exfoliate for 30 seconds
- Rinse with lukewarm water (avoid using hot/cold water)
- Pat to dry the skin avoiding irritation
Knowing when to exfoliate
By simply touching your skin and examining the area you can know if it's time to exfoliate. You can usually feel rough or dry areas anywhere on your face/body and when you feel these it's a great indication it's time to exfoliate!
It's important to remember when your looking to exfoliate, make sure your not exfoliating areas that are red, irritated, and sensitive as you can hurt your skin rather than improving it.
- Removes old dry and flakey skin
- Improves skin texture
- Prevents breakouts
- Allows skincare products to penetrate the skin with ease
- Evens out skin tone
- Provides smoother makeup application
So one question remains..
How long has it been since you've exfoliated?